Requisition ID: 10650
REV Group (NYSE: REVG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services. REV serves a diversified customer base primarily in the United States through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial and Recreation. REV provides customized vehicle solutions for applications including: essential needs (ambulances, fire apparatus, school buses, mobility vans and municipal transit buses), industrial and commercial (terminal trucks, cut-away buses and street sweepers) and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles ("RVs") and luxury buses). REV's brand portfolio consists of 30 well-established principal vehicle brands including many of the most recognizable names within our served markets. Several of REV's brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and date back more than 50 years.
Title: Technician Service Center
Job summary: : Responsible for diagnosing problems and performing various mechanical repairs using diagnostic software on diesel engines, transmissions, drivetrains, and generators in a shop environment on customer equipment including emergency vehicle trucks and all related components (transmissions, engines, transfer cases, fire pumps, multiplex systems, ladders, suspension components, engine components and subassemblies).
- Works from shop orders, specifications, manuals, schematics, prints and instructions
- Reviews shop orders, red books, change orders and/or all other order-affiliated documents in order to determine requirements.
- Diagnoses and repairs a variety of systems and related components, including, but not limited to, aerial devices, fire pump systems, steering systems, braking systems, suspensions, charging and cranking systems, drive trains and a wide range of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic systems and Motor Vehicle Air Conditioning (MVAC) systems.
- Troubleshooting of basic engine and transmission problems, primarily focusing on interfacing with related vehicle systems. Tests components to meet all applicable and required standards.
- Use of diagnostic software to troubleshoot diesel engines, transmissions, drive train components, generators and electrical systems used on fire apparatus.
- Identifies and locates defective parts/components, removes and replaces parts/components and makes required adjustments. Conducts stationary tests and verifies or certifies that product meets specifications and quality standards.
- Completes required documentation
- On occasion may travel to customers and/or dealers for job assignments
- Completes work assignments within published standard time allocations
- Assists the supervisor in the direction and planning of daily actives. Monitors the quality of work performed in assigned area. Works with supervisors and other departments, including Engineering, to identify and resolve issues.
- Assists the supervisor in the training and orientation of new and transferred team members into the department. Monitors the quality of workmanship in assigned area.
- Reports to the supervisor the status of daily assignments.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required or directed, to maintain work flow or respond to production requirements.
- Must have H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Must possess basic fabrication skills, e.g. cutting and material preparation, in order to accomplish proper fit/retrofit, alignment and/or modification of brackets for component installation.
- Must be able to operate a computer
- 2+ years of demonstrated knowledge and skill using diagnostic software to achieve troubleshooting as noted in bullet above in Essential Functions (Use of diagnostic software...).
Qualifications - Preferred :
- Possess and maintain a CDL "B" driver's license.
- Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching/Crawling/Reaching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
Ferrara Fire Apparatus, Inc. ("Ferrara"), a leading custom fire apparatus and rescue vehicle manufacturer that engineers and manufactures vehicles for municipal and industrial customers. The Ferrara product portfolio includes multiple fire apparatus configurations tailored to the specific requirements and demands of the fire service industry - including custom-builds on their own chassis as well as solutions on commercially available chassis such as Freightliner and International. This acquisition enhances REV's product offering in its Fire Group within its Fire & Emergency segment, particularly with custom chassis pumpers, aerials and industrial apparatus.
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the "CCPA"), if you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please click on the for a description of those rights and how California residents may exercise them.