Ohmstede Ltd. An EMCOR Company, is the largest manufacturer of shell and tube heat exchangers in the United States. We offer our clients fully integrated turnaround, specialty maintenance, and heat exchanger fabrication via our state-of-the-art repair and fabrication facilities. Through the years, we've earned our customer's trust and a reputation for expert quality service, accountability, and for being a single point of responsibility on all the projects we manage ---- regardless of project size or tight deadlines.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Must comprehend instructions from supervisors and/or coworkers.
* Performs inspection and repairs of all company equipment. Demonstrates good troubleshooting
* Performs inspections and repairs of overhead cranes.
* Performs inspections and repairs for all hand and power tools as needed.
* Handles 55-gallon oil drums.
* Repairs utility air lines in shop.
* Dis-assembles, repairs and re-assembles as necessary to maintain boring mills-drills and lathes.
* Checks operation prior to placing in service.
* Perform building and facility maintenance.
* Perform electrical maintenance on various equipment; following all applicable safety standards.
* Perform repairs to trucks, cherry picker, and/or fork lifts as assigned; following all
* applicable safety standards.
* Perform maintenance/repairs to air impacts, roll motors, etc.
* Wear personal protective equipment prescribed by posted signs, written instructions, and
specified by the supervisor.
* Responsible for the hookup and breakdown of equipment using proper tools and procedure.
* Communicates verbally/effectively in English with supervisors and co-workers for resolution of
any questions regarding safety, job conduct, and product quality control.
* Operates vehicles, or power tools when authorized and qualified to do so and in accordance with
established company rules and work orders.
* Cleans up work area and equipment after work is completed.
* Complies with all applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company.
* Must be able to work, when necessary, plus overtime day or night and/or weekends.
Marginal Job Functions:
* Aids crane operator by visual and vacuole signals when parts are being moved.
* Performs various quality control duties.
* Assists in tool room. Hands out tools record keeping.
* Uses broom and other cleaning equipment to maintain the work area in a clean, orderly
* Assist in shipping and receiving material/record keeping.
* The above duties can be performed with limits of occasional 10 pounds lifting, two hours
standing, and sitting balance of time.
* Company reserves the right to assign jobs and tasks not specified above.
Equipment/Clothing Used to Perform Job:
* Protective Equipment: Gloves, safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protections, goggles, and
respiratory protection as required
* Assorted long and short handled tools
* Tool cart
* Full set of mechanic tools
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Two years of related experience
* Working knowledge of hydraulics, plumbing, carpentry, air conditioning, blue-print reading, N/C
controls, electrical wiring and machinist skills
* Knowledge of fabrication shop practices
* Must be able to read and write English
* Must be able to read and interpret drawings
* Accurately read and interpret measuring devices
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Must be competent in use of Excel, Word, Outlook and Filemaker
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* Must be able to bend, push, pull, twist, squat, crawl, lift and reach overhead
* Requires the ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
* Must be able to work in both high and confined spaces
* Must have good manual dexterity using hand tools
* Will work in heat, noisy, dusty, dirty, cold environment
* May be exposed to chemicals and pinching hazards
- We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.