Come join the Marcus Theatres Team!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Kitchen Supervisor to enhance our fun, fast-paced theatre environment by providing an excellent dining experience for our guests.
A successful candidate will be able to oversee and ensure proper standards of cleanliness and order, prepare food items for banquet and restaurant use. The Kitchen Supervisor will train, supervise, and actively support hot/cold food production, ensuring high operational standards of quality and care are maintained.
Now is the time to join the growing Marcus Theatres Organization!
Your Future Responsibilities as a Member of our Team:
* Oversee and supervises daily line operation.
* Prepare all food items for banquet and restaurant use according to standard recipes.
* Visually inspects and samples all food for proper taste, color combination and overall presentation to maintain appeal.
* Schedule appropriate number of staff according to daily needs for banquet functions, theatre show times, and weekly forecasts.
* Supervise all assigned staff including training, counseling and discipline.
* Ensure proper ordering, receiving and storage of all food items in refrigerators, freezers and dry food storage to maintain product freshness.
* Perform daily duties and special projects.
* Responsible for ordering of food for the following days
* Properly rotate food products in order to keep spoilage and waste to a minimum.
* Ensure all equipment in work area is properly cleaned and sanitized.
* Perform other duties as required, e.g., special orders/modifications, food orders by ticket.
* Maintain banquet event orders and food delivery requests per daily guidelines.
* Attendance in conformance with policy standards.
At Marcus Theatres we strive to create Magical Movie Memories for our guests. As a Kitchen Supervisor at our Marcus Oakdale Cinema location you will become a part of our family! All ready to get started? Ok!
In order to apply, the following requirements must be met:
* Minimum of two years' experience in a supervisory and/or management position in a similar size operation.
* 2-3 years as a lead cook required prior to management.
* Thorough working knowledge of specific food preparation.
* Above average working knowledge of accepted safety and sanitation standards.
* Extensive experience with slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
* Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
Marcus Theatres is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination in our hiring and employment practices in accordance with all applicable laws.